Monday, January 31, 2011

Write it Down

What are you dreaming about? Not necessarily when you go to sleep and dream you just blocked Blake Griffin's shot as he went up for a dunk. But what are you dreaming about in your leadership? What are you wanting to see done in your area of ministry? What do you want to see accomplished in your life? Where do you want to go?

I know that every second of everyday you are not thinking about being the next Craig Groeschel or Steven Furtick. That's ok, you need some you time. However make sure your you time and leader time are balanced. There are plenty of people out there who are more worried about their you time than leading...that's why you are different. That's why you are reading this blog.

So how do you go from dreaming to seeing those things happen? If I knew that I could probably have written a book and be rolling in the benjamins right now...but Im not. However, I do know what works for me. Somedays we dream something absolutely amazing (in my case that happens while sitting in a class at college) only to later forget all about that dream. Those countless minutes/hours we spent thinking and dreaming are gone...G-O-N-E.

What works for me is simply writing my dreams down. Once they are written down, they are there forever and as I write new dreams down I am reminded of past dreams that I have yet to accomplish. Reading through your list of dreams weekly refreshes you and keeps you motivated to see these dreams happen, there is no better dream than marking off a dream because it has now become a reality. So whether it is a way to be an effective leader, getting help in your area of ministry, building a stage design, going on tour with a band, planting a church, growing a youth ministry, going on vacation to Europe, learning to play guitar, being able to retire...whatever it may be write it down and be motivated to see it happen. A dream forgotten is a dream that never existed. Dream big.

A good read for those interested in how powerful a dream can be and a way to see dreams really happen I challenge you to read The Dream Manager by Matthew Kelly.

peace be the journey.
///tres

0 comments:

Post a Comment