Thursday, February 24, 2011

Balance.

Today our guest poster is Shaston Hunter. He is the worship pastor of Building Church in Huntsville, AL. Find him on Facebook and follow him on twitter: @shastonhunter.

Balance

Balance is something that has truly been on my heart when it comes to
Christ, this probably has a lot to do with our church just getting out
of our "Balance" series also.

Sadly enough, when I think back to balance in my relationship with
Christ throughout my life time, I found myself not understanding the
principle and importance of it. I am currently 27, A worship leader at
a Church called "Building Church" here in Huntsville AL. I was raised
in church all of my life, involved in every possible way and have been
a believer since I was a kid. It wasn't until about three years ago to
where my life started taking a different chapter and I started
understanding balance in my everyday walk with Christ.

See in the midst of a busy life full of ministry,  school, marriage,
work, etc. We find ourselves so off course from our destiny and
purpose and we find ourselves doing things just because its routine or
we're just used to doing it that way which starts making us so out of
balance. Instead of fully understanding our purpose and pursuing our
destiny, we are pursuing everyday life and the things involved in it
when we don't even realize it. This is when we must bring the balance
back into our life and follow the way Christ has laid before us with
His word. Matthew 4:4 says that man shall not live by bread alone but
by EVERY word that that proceeds from the mouth of God. This just
brings it back to the basics for me. We should be vessels living to
please Him and live by His every word and desire.

Here is some questions to ask yourself regarding balance in your life,
ask yourself these questions and be honest with yourself...

1) What is motivating my decision making?
2) What is most valuable to me?
3) Do my actions support my core values?
4) Where can I start to reflect my core values?

Romans 1:1-2
1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy,
to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to
God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the
pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your
mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his
good, pleasing and perfect will.

I encourage you today to find balance in your life, pursue your
purpose and pursue you destiny all while making sure you have the
correct foundation laid in your life on a daily basis. Bring your
relationship with Jesus back to the BASICS, get into His word everyday
and continue asking Him to grow you and allow His balance for your
life to be magnified!

0 comments:

Post a Comment